The mission of Information Security Club is to help members develop technical skills in the field of information security to improve their value in the job market, and to promote awareness of cyber security issues and challenges.
We strive to achieve this mission by:
- Developing technical skills needed to secure network infrastructure and end user devices.
- Performing individual research in the field of information security.
- Promoting community awareness of real life cyber security threats.
- Providing members with knowledge necessary to compete in cybersecurity competitions.
- Providing recruitment to the Syracuse University Cyber Defense Competition Team. This includes providing training grounds for a team to compete in the Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition.
Benefits of being in the club:
- Learn how to hack and have lots of fun
- Participate in competitions
- Get to know impressive students and faculty from other institutions
- Get to know impressive club alumni
- Win $ prizes (2018 NCAC winning team received $30,000)
- Make long lasting connections with industry leaders
- Learn leadership skills by giving presentations on your specialties
- Land internships and jobs
- Put your computer skills on steroids